Wednesday 13 March 2013

Ipsy Canada March 2013 - The Great Escape Review

More mail, yay! Today brings me my March Ipsy bag. This month's theme is "The Great Escape" featuring a nautical/travel theme. Here's what was in the pink metallic bubble mailer this month:


Let's break it down:
Firstly, the bag. Super cute! Definitely not as high quality as the last few bags, feels pretty cheap, but it's still cute.

Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist
Size: 30ml (Full size 200ml retails for $22)
Worth: $3.30
This feels nice on the skin, but the spray is definitely heavier than a mist. I hate to say this, but the smell is really strange to me. It reminds me of bologna mixed with Off! Bug spray lol.

LA Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes
Size: Full size 8 wipes
Worth: $1.99
Looking forward to giving these a try. They smell nice, almost like a faint baby powder smell. 

Glam RX Magnetic Palette
Size: About the size of a credit card, holds maybe 2-3 full size eyeshadow
Worth: This palette was supposedly made exclusively for Ipsy. Based on their website, I'm going to estimate it to be worth around $10.


Yaby Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Azalea Petal (Left) and Seashell (right)
Size: These are itty bitty. Think just slightly bigger than Coastal Scents sample size - about the size of a dime. The site says they're 15.5mm (compared to a standard MAC shadow that's 27mm)
Worth: $3.15 a piece
I wish I'd received the other two color options for this item, but I'm happy to try a new brand. I want to love these, I really do. They're so tiny and cute, but the pigmentation is terrible.

Total Value of Bag: $21.59
What it cost me: $15.85

Not the best month for Ipsy, but still not terrible. The Glam RX palette was a nice surprise. Previous Ipsy bags have been great, so I'll stick it out and see what the next few months bring.

Canadian ladies, do any of you subscribe to Ipsy? Do you feel it's worth the money?




No comments:

Post a Comment